Game over. We lost. Nothing to see here, move along.

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 20:31:50 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 10:51 +0000, Simon Wistow wrote:
> This long, incoherent rant has been bought to you by the unholy
> combination of NyQuil, Benylin, Ibuprofen, Halls Soothers and
> Camomile
> Tea.

Ah, you sound in need of Dirk's Patent Cold Cure [tm]

Take one lemon and squeeze the contents into a large mug (add lime to
taste). Add one cinnamon stick (broken, if required). At least one large
tablespoon of honey (preferably honey that actually contains the product
of bees, as opposed to flavoured sugar). 3 soluble aspirins (900 mg or 2
Aspro clear = 1000mg), no paracetamol will *not* do. You then need to
add at least two fingers of your favourite full proof spirit (preferable
rum or brandy - I find whisky is too acidic). These days I also add some
slices of fresh ginger root. Top up with hot water. Stir well and leave,
for a bit, for the cinnamon and option ginger to infuse.

Take last thing at night, if necessary with a pseudo ephadrine tablet.
Make sure you cover up well with a nice warm duvet (or two).

In the morning you will either be better - or dead (although, unless you
have noticed something that I havn't, this is not very likely).