The weather.

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Fri Nov 18 22:15:49 GMT 2005

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 17:55 +0000, Nigel Rantor wrote:
> > Lusercop wrote:
> > > Please don't let it last too long. Juggling with hands this cold means I
> > > drop even more than normal (it's amazing really that I get any catches at
> > > all, I guess). I like being able to go out and play a bit at lunchtimes.
> > Perhaps you could tempt squirrels into your hands to warm them up?
> > Perchance by holding some enticing looking nuts in them?
>
> You obviously have not come anywhere near a real squirrel. Suffice to
> say that the act of trying to "tempt squirrels into your hands" is
> obviously the action of an extreme masochist, else a person to whom
> hands have lost any usefulness.

By accident, my girlfriend lured one of them onto her brown overcoat,
while she was wearing it, last January in Hyde Park.  She was standing
still and holding out a hand to lure one of them close so I could take a
photo.  It was an all-around bad idea.  A few rushed us while one of them
decided that she was a talking tree and hopped onto her coat, clutching
sideways at roughly knee-level.  We were too surprised to turn the little
rodent into lunch, and it escaped.

> In short: they scheming, vicious little bastards.

Agreed.

> Dirk

John
-----
John Costello - cos at indeterminate dot net
"You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back."--Unknown