ADSL providers

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Mon Dec 5 16:09:27 GMT 2005

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 03:47:57PM +0000, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 15:30, David Cantrell wrote:
> > > Also a real pain in the arse for the people maintaining the billing
> > > system most of the time
> >
> > Why?  You just put the new tariffs on a different product code surely?
>
> Precisely. Then you end up with 689 different product codes ....

But the database backend doesn't care how many there are, surely?

Although points should go to whatever system allocates the codes at my current
work - one recently came to us as ...-10-O010. (One of these things is not
like the others)

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world