Thinking on Talks (parts I & II)

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Dec 6 15:42:20 GMT 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 03:27:28PM +0000, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
> On 6/12/2005, "David Cantrell" <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> >Oh yeah - decommissioning.  Why do nuclear plants have such a short
> >life?
> Neutrons flying about in the reactor have a habit of modifying the atoms
> of the elements that are supposed to be keeping all the nasty stuff in.

Ah, of course.  Silly me.

> >* I'd be happy with just encasing the waste in glass** and burying it in
> >old mines.
> The process for doing this is _STILL_ under development, and not really
> ready for prime time.

Oh, I thought it wsa ready, just that NIMBY scum didn't want it in their
particular god-forsaken patch of Yorkshite.

> What's more, you need to station some security types above the abandoned
> mine so that Nasty People don't get in and fuck shit up.

We could use badgers, mutated by the raydeeayshun.

I don't think that that is an insurmountable problem.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

One person can change the world, but most of the time they shouldn't
    -- Marge Simpson