Parrot (was Re: tpf blog)

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 18:14:15 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 12:26 -0500, Uri Guttman wrote:
> the perl foundation has a new blog. its goal is to be a primary source
> of news about what the perl foundation is doing.
>
> 	http://news.perlfoundation.org/

Is it just me, or has parrot development started again from (more or
less) scratch?

"Chip Salzenberg is working on milestone 1: the design document
milestone. The deliverables for this milestone are the Parrot design
documents (PDDs). In this period, Chip has completed the overall roadmap
for the design documents (PDD 0), the lexical variables design document
(PDD 20), and the calling conventions design document (PDD 3)."

"Leo Tötsch is working on milestone 2: the stub implementation
milestone. He released Parrot 0.3.0 on October 1st. The most significant
feature of this release is the implementation of the new calling
conventions."

and so on. It appears that parrot development has been going on for
several years (at least three) and we are now talking about milestones 0
-> 2? Some design documents (is that the lot or are there more to be
done)?

What on earth is going on?

Dirk

PS Please feel free to add witty parodies of the Dead Parrot Sketch.