Parrot (was Re: tpf blog)

Robin Berjon robin.berjon at expway.fr
Tue Dec 6 18:52:03 GMT 2005

On Dec 06, 2005, at 19:26, Paul Makepeace wrote:
>  There are
> other backends being targets by perl 6, most notably Javascript which
> in a truth-stranger-than-fiction moment is more complete than any of
> the others.

I find the mere thought fascinating. I've been mulling rather
intensely over what the ideal platform would be to develop apps based
entirely on Web technology, and the programming language issue has
been bugging me (to the point that I've been considering writing up
Ruby as the way to go). This could rock my world. I found some info
about it through Google, but do you have any idea on how seriously it
is being pursued and how practical it is (in terms of the viability
of the JS output)?

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist