Word Documents

Sam Smith S at mSmith.net
Thu Dec 8 00:01:19 GMT 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Steve Mynott wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 10:49:57PM +0000, Sam Smith typed:
>> Does anyone know if there's a way to tell, from perl (on
>> Unix) whether a word document has track changes turned on?
>
> Why don't you save a document without track changes and then with
> track changes on and try a binary compare to work out the difference?
>
> (Although admittedly modern versions of Word documents always seem to
> think they have been changed after opening and you may find several
> binary changes).

I tried that, it didn't help.

I was hoping that it would be something like read byte X and
jump to the offset stored in it. It isn't. Which is no
surprise.

I'll see if we have an ASP server with word installed that
we can borrow.

Sam

--
You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision,
determination, and an endless supply of expendable labour.