Boolean-style text searching

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Dec 9 15:58:44 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 15:16 +0000, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Are there any CPAN goodies that will effect text searching `a la "(escort
> OR ford) AND NOT (estuary OR brook OR erotic services)"? Or at least
> some of the way there?

I have some simple perl code that does that sort of thing but I cheat
somewhat, I parse the above into something like:-

eval q{($s eq 'escort' || $s eq 'ford') &&  !($s eq 'estuary' || $s eq
'brook' || $s  eq 'erotic services')}

in fact, in my case, some of these become $s =~ /escort/ or some near
equivalent.

Does my job.

Dirk