Geocities (was: Re: Help with DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle...)

Matt Sergeant msergeant at messagelabs.com
Sun Dec 11 15:40:08 GMT 2005

On 9 Dec 2005, at 18:33, David Cantrell wrote:

> stop filtering mail from known-clean mailing lists like this one for
>   spam;

This doesn't help the guy when he's being filtered elsewhere. It was
just a heads-up for him.

> and then get some decent anti-spam software.

I wish I had full control of everyone's systems (even on the one I work
on, it was filtered by an external company's filter, not my code).
Unfortunately the severity of the geocities issue has meant some
collateral damage has had to occur in order to protect customers from
the general abuse.

Matt.