Catalyst in 20 Minutes

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Jan 16 00:49:03 GMT 2006

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 10:42:07PM -0800, Ovid wrote:
> --- "Randal L. Schwartz" <merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:
>
> > perldoc Class::DBI =>
> >
> >        Getting changes accepted
> >
> >        There is an active Class::DBI community, however I am not
> >        part of it.  I am not on the mailing list, and I don't
> >        follow the wiki. I also do not follow Perl Monks or CPAN
> >        reviews or annoCPAN or whatever the tool du jour happens
> >        to be.
>
> So the author doesn't pay attention to anything other than RT reports
> and private email?  That's an awfully rough way of keeping in touch
> with what people really need.  Not terribly reassuring for such a
> prominent module.

I believe that one person spoiled it for the rest of the community.
(Not that the rest of the community would necessarily consider that one person
to be part of the community)

As a volunteer, the last thing you need is for people to be kicking you in
the shins, when you'd already given them something for nothing. There's
already too little thanks as it is.

(Thanks for all your ongoing work for TPF, most of which I know is behind the
scenes and not evident to the world at large.)

Nicholas Clark