Your favourite meeting pubs

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Mon Jan 16 21:28:28 GMT 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 11:25:00AM -0800, John Costello wrote:
> > How convenient/inconvenient is Lancaster Gate Tube for the meetings?
>
> Very, cos they don't serve beer and the staff probably don't taste very
> nice.  AND we'd have to eat them raw cos you're not allowed to have
> fires in stations.  Damned annoying that.

Right.  Didn't expect that response.

The Mitre in Bayswater (not the one in Notting Hill), near Lancaster Gate

I found mention that they serve food only from 12:00-15:00, but they
served dinner when I was there late December of 2004.

Hm, they appear to have a cellar, "a splendid warren of small drinking
rooms".  I missed that.

> David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence
>
> Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
>    -- Fergus Henderson

Too true.

-----
John Costello - cos at indeterminate dot net
"If surgeons were like programmers, they'd leave the patient to bleed out in
 order to have a really satisfying argument over the merits of two different
 kinds of tourniquet."--Philip Greenspun