On Conferences

Leon Brocard acme at astray.com
Wed Feb 1 19:59:33 GMT 2006

On 1/31/06, Simon Wistow <simon at thegestalt.org> wrote:

> A couple of bl^W online columns abotu why 100-200 person conferences are
> cheaper per person than 1000 person conferences.

All too true. It's relatively easy to organise a smallish conference.
What I find interesting is that a couple of YAPCs are moving to Open
Source Developer Conferences, which would imply more than a couple
hundred people. I'm in awe of FOSDEM, but I know it's due to the good
relations they have with the university.

Ah well, see you at the social and the tech meet...

Leon