Young Whisky

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Fri Feb 17 18:03:51 GMT 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 05:48:41PM +0000, James Cronin wrote:

> > Something I don't understand about Newcastle Brown - why is it sold as draft
> > in the US? Real Newcastle Brown comes in 550ml bottles. (Danish pubs please
> > take note)
>
> I've drunk it on draft in a pub in Tyneside before, but you're right
> that it's much more common in the states (as also are small 300ml
> (12 US Fl Oz) bottles, which are JUST WRONG)

I don't remember ever meeting it draft in the UK. And the first time I was
in Newcastle we were drinking scotch bitter, because for some reason we kept
finding it amusing to ask for "a pint of scotch, please"

The Danish pubs were selling it in 330ml bottles, which was also wrong.
(And expensive)

Nicholas Clark