MySQL vs. PostgreSQL

Dominic Mitchell dom at happygiraffe.net
Sun Apr 9 15:38:10 BST 2006

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 02:41:01PM +0100, Earle Martin wrote:
> As seen on another list. Thought it might be of interest....
>
> (Light blue touch paper. Stand well back.)

Gosh, slow Sunday isn't it?

The post in question is little more than a rant and hardly worth paying
attention to.  Ultimately, you've got to build an application that works
for your customers.  If you find it easiest to do that using MySQL, then
that's probably the best solution for you.  If not, then evaluate the
market based on _your_ needs.  It might turn out that you do actually
need Oracle.  Or maybe SQLite is better for that particular application.

-Dom

P.S.  Yes, I personally think that MySQL "could do better".  That still
doesn't mean people shouldn't use it.

http://happygiraffe.net/blog/archives/2006/02/24/mysql-vs-postgresql