monday morning pick me up

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Apr 12 13:51:15 BST 2006

Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 01:27:00PM +0100, Nigel Hamilton wrote:
[...]
>> All those costs are chicken feed compared to the revenue from Perl book
>> sales.
> You know the figures for these? Including the profit margin?

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that Perl book sales created
the O'Reilly publishing empire? I think it may even have been by Tim's own
admission.

--
Nothing more rapidly inclines a person to go into a monastery than reading a
book on etiquette. There are so many trivial ways in which it is possible to