Overriding qx//

Rafael Garcia-Suarez rgarciasuarez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 13:36:01 BST 2006

On 13/04/06, Nik Clayton <nik at ngo.org.uk> wrote:
> I've just spent some time noodling around with this.  I've got a hunch
> that I should be able to do this with a Devel:: module and B.  If I do
>
>    perl -MO=Concise test.pl
>
> I can see the backtick operators.  What I'd like to do is write a debugger
> that single steps through the program, checks each OP, and if it's a
> backtick OP then log the necessary debug info (bonus marks if I can change
> the OP value on the fly, so that it's executing something I want it to
> execute).

I don't this a debugger module is well suited for that. You might want
to write your own runloop. The runloop is the loop in the perl
interpreter that executes each op in turn; and the good thing is, you
can change it.

I've written a small example, which you can find on CPAN :
http://search.cpan.org/~rgarcia/Runops-Switch-0.03/