Identifying Albums

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Tue Apr 25 10:48:51 BST 2006

Quoting Dan Rowles <d.rowles at outcometechnologies.com>:

> A quick google for cddb suggests:-
>
> http://armin.emx.at/cddb/
>
> I have not personally tested the code.

Interesting, but I'd rather avoid CDDB if possible. Actually, I wonder
how that works. I thought you needed to buy a licence to talk to CBBD
these days. Maybe I'll download it and take a look anyway.

I'm currently looking at MusicBrainz::Client::Simple. It has a
"lookup_cd" method which is described thus:

   lookup_cd()

   Queries the CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive to calculate a CDIndexID. The ID
is then sent
   to the musicbrainz server. lookup_cd returns a list of
   MusicBrainz::Client::Simple::Album objects which contain various information
   about album, artist and tracks of your CD.

Which sounds like just what I wanted.

Cheers,

Dave...