Google Calendar and Atom problems

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Tue Apr 25 18:30:05 BST 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 01:18:28PM +0100, me said:
> I knocked up a quick and dirty interface to Google's new Calendar API
>
> 	http://unixbeard.net/svn/simon/Net-Google-Calendar/
>
> but I just can't get it to post an event.

It turned out to be because the sequence you need to do is

	1) Do a post
	2) Get a redirect url
	3) post again to that url

I thought LWP::UserAgent would do that for me and, indeed, it followed
the redirect but didn't supply all the right data. And Google decided
that 200 OK was the best response for that. *seeethe*

Net::Google::Calendar now has a lot of duplicated code that needs
refactoring but can list, post and delete events.

I now have a deep loathing of XML::Atom and its namespace support and so
updating events will have to wait until I clean out the current entry
xml generation hack but, in the meantime, feel free to play.

Simon