[ANNOUNCE] London Javascript Night - May 25th

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Wed Apr 26 20:07:43 BST 2006

David Cantrell wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 07:51:43PM +0100, Greg McCarroll wrote:
>
>>would it be useful to others to do a 5 minute lightning
>>talk of just how stupidly simple it is to create one
>>of these fancy dan web 2.0 pages where some JS code calls
>>some server code and updates on the fly?
>>
>>or Rob are you more looking really for a 5 minute guide
>>to buzz-word land, with a healthy dose of cynicism thrown
>>in so we all remember we live in good old blighty and not
>>San Fran., CA?
>
> Both please!

The prototype[0] and scriptaculous[1] libraries are worth covering too.
A few technical meetings ago at my local PM, Dave Rolsky presented a
"Perl and AJAX" talk[2], if someone needs some inspiration.

Ian

[0] <http://prototype.conio.net/>
[1] <http://script.aculo.us/>
[2] <http://www.houseabsolute.com/presentations/ajax-perl/>