[ANNOUNCE] London Javascript Night - May 25th

Jonathan Peterson JPeterson at bmjgroup.com
Thu Apr 27 13:37:39 BST 2006

> > [0] <http://prototype.conio.net/>

You know, if I'd written an entire library without any single solitary
comment anywhere in the code*, I probably wouldn't open up my SVN instance
to prove the fact. But then I'm not version 2.0 of me, so what do I know.

Actually there is a file called HEADER that _only_ contains comments, and
no code at all. Not sure if that counts. One of the comments in this file
isn't "This library is full of hacks to make Javascript more like Ruby,
basically", which is a shame, because that would have been helpful.

Hey ho.

[Goes off to drink more coffee and become grumpier]

* By 'code' I mean stuff like:

inspect: function() {
        return "'" + this.replace(/\\/g, '\\\\').replace(/'/g, '\\\'') +
"'";
}

Lesser mortals might have explained WTF is going on there. Perhaps a
useful comment like:

// Escaping is so badly handled by this raft of technologies that I
// have to write garbage like this to make stuff work