A name for something

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Tue May 23 16:40:11 BST 2006

On 23 May 2006, at 16:28, Peter Hickman wrote:

> What I am looking for is a name for the following: "Using REST to
> connect to a database to do the CRUD stuff with XML."

already has a term, its called high REST, basically mapping GET/POST/
PUT/DELETE onto CRUD

> Dom thought that "Database exposing" was a good shot, my best was
> "SQL over XML (SOX)" or "SQL in XML (SIX)".  I really need a good
> buzzword here folks, any ideas?

if you want to dip a little into a related buzzword, i give you ESB,
enterprise
services bus. the idea being that you have a common bus that has
multiple entry
protocols, e.g. high REST, SQL, CORBA, foo and lots of exit points
into existing
SOA, legacy databases etc.

its an architecture component I always thought Perl would be perfect
for implementing
due to volume of CPAN

if anyone implements an open source ESB, please call it Fullers.

G.