A name for something

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Tue May 23 17:52:30 BST 2006

Peter Hickman wrote:

> I knew [SOX-the-sound-processor] this but it is unlikely to have any
> mind share with the PHBs so I could use it with little fear.

But then they say to their underlings "we're going to use SOX" and
badness ensues. You need something that developers and managers can use
when talking to each other without trampling on another project's name.

CRUX was good, I thought. Alas, "CRUX is a lightweight, i686-optimized
Linux distribution targeted at experienced Linux users"[0].

XRC - XML RESTful CRUD?

Ian

[0] <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRUX>