Nodnol bound

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Thu May 25 09:34:25 BST 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 08:00:39PM +0000, Peter Corlett said:
> Anyway, does somebody have a recommendation as to where I should look for
> somewhere to live and/or is still planning the geekhaus proposed on this
> here list a few months ago?

Find-A-Property, Vebra.com and Loot are all good places to look.
GumTree does a lot of house shares and is mostly populated by Aussies,
Kiwis and Saffies IIRC.

I think the general recommendation, especially if going the Loot route,
is to take at least one day off, get Loot early in the morning (or pay
for the premium service at Loot.com) and start calling because the good
places tend to go within a day.

As to where - that's the sort of question that starts holy wars. It
depends on where you're working and how much you're looking to spend but
Shephards Bush/Hammersmith, Finsbury Park/Holloway, Clapham,
Walthamstow, Stoke Newington, Balham and Bermondsey aren't bad places to
start looking.

Simon