Did anyone else get spam from MobiTV?

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Fri May 26 15:02:45 BST 2006

On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 02:47:51PM +0100, Simon Wistow wrote:
> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 02:39:26PM +0100, Toby Corkindale said:
> > I received an email from them, purportedly asking if I wanted to work for
> > them, but various features of the email make me think they've just spammed
> > the CPAN authors list.
> >
> > Anyone else get it, or am I just being paranoid?
>
> I got an email but it was personalised so ... /shrug/
>
> They responded to an email of mine thanking them but declining.

Ah, ok. Mine was also personalised, but I figure that my name is right next to
my email address in the CPAN WHOIS doc, so it wouldn't be hard to gather.
Although if they put that much effort into harvesting names, it would seem odd.

CPAN makes me sad; I get more spam on that address than any others.

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world