ora owns web2.0 - and will sue your ass if you try to use it

Nigel Hamilton nigel at turbo10.com
Sun May 28 06:12:24 BST 2006

> So this is no more ridiculous than what we already have with O'Reilly
> protecting the Perl camel,

It's the ORA camel not the Perl camel ... that's one problem.

A bigger problem is that ORA seems to own the domain "perl.com" - and not
The Perl Foundation (TPF) - which is supposed to be the holder of the keys
for Perl.

ORA's patronage of "perl.com" is not a "charity case" as you seemed to
make out in a previous thread. They are commercially clueful and are using
the "Web 2.0" mark for commercial gain just like "perl.com" and the
"camel".

>So this is no more ridiculous than what we already have with O'Reilly
>protecting the Perl camel, but because it involves Web 2.0 people (who
>are,shall we say, easily led) *and* the chance to bite the hand that
>feeds, it is almost impossible to stop the simian cavalcade. I'm not sure, to be
>honest,why I'm even bothering to try.

I'm wondering too? ;-)

NIge