RPM 2 HTML

Rafael Garcia-Suarez rgarciasuarez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:37:56 BST 2006

On 08/06/06, Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk> wrote:
> I'd seen RPM4. I looked like it was a particularly thin layer around
> rpmlib. And I didn't really want to have to learn that much about RPM
> lib. But if it's my best option then I'll investigate further.

That was the whole design goal of RPM4. The rpmlib has recently
(4.2.x) acquired new functionalities (like iterators) that make it
easier to work with. The python bindings, use that IIRC (there are
good python bindings for rpm, but that's python.)

Another option is to use the old URPM module, that originates in
Mandriva back in the nineties, and that I maintain on CPAN now. You
should need only parse_rpm() and traverse(), and then the methods of
URPM::Package to get the fields you want.