Class::DBI and stalinesque hiding of THE TRUTH

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Fri Jun 23 14:30:25 BST 2006

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 02:16:20PM +0100, Dave Cross said:
> Sad but true. I can't understand why so many people use a "relational
> database" which is lacking so many of the standard relational database
> features.

Pick one or more of

1) They're trying to piss you off. Personally
2) They're trying to piss Randal off. Personally
3) It's what they're used to
4) They can't afford Oracle
5) They didn't work in a bank so they don't know Sybase or DB2
6) SQLserver sucks
7) Postgres has its own suckiness of a particular deep and hateful kind
8) It's prevalent
9) SQLite doesn't scale
10) They don't think they need most of the features
11) ???
12) Underpants
13) Its what's there
14) Nothings more fun than mailing list dick waving about Databases.
    Apart from maybe a Urinary Tract Infection.

I fall under all of those. Except 12.