IRC server moving

Leon Brocard acme at astray.com
Mon Jun 26 13:49:41 BST 2006

Hello kids,

We have a nice place where people can chat on IRC, as listed on:

  http://london.pm.org/about/irc.html

The recommended way to chat is #london.pm on irc.perl.org, as this
will give you a geographically-local IRC server.

However, you might have been hardcoding the IRC server to be
london.irc.perl.org. The server running that will be down temporarily
tonight and actually offline in a week or so. Fear not! There is a new
server: which is called smoke.irc.perl.org. If you want low-lag IRC
access, please test smoke.irc.perl.org for the next week.

However, like I mentioned, it's still recommended to just use
irc.perl.org, as it will all automagically work.

Enjoy! Leon