Class::DBI and stalinesque hiding of THE TRUTH

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 27 09:05:13 BST 2006

Hildo Biersma wrote:
> I hear there's other places where getting a database is a Big Deal and
> takes weeks; then I fully understand using MySQL or SQLite or whatever
> to bypas the pain.

Also the big players have (fixed price?) contracts with people such as
Oracle - the cost of a new Oracle based app then effectively reduces the
shared cost between systems and a new installation/licence is simply a
web form/phone call away.

In such situations using anything but Oracle is a PITB.

Jacqui

p.s.

s/oracle/any large scale commercial RDBMS/ when the client is big enough.