perl/XS/C IDEs

Aaron Crane perl at aaroncrane.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 09:59:41 BST 2006

Robin Berjon writes:
> I almost gave up on OSX for lack of a text editor after failing to get
> Emacs to act even remotely useful for the nineteenth time in a row

AOL.  For anyone who's still in that position, Aquamacs has done the trick
for me.  It's based on what's going to be GNU Emacs 22, with lots of tweaks
to make it fit in well with the rest of Mac OS.  More here:

  http://aquamacs.org/

Ooh, and it looks like a new version came out yesterday.  Shiny.

As it happens, I plan to give up on OS X soon anyway, for reasons unrelated
to Emacs, but I do like Aquamacs a lot.

--
Aaron Crane