roughly 30 days - was Re: [ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] July 6th - The John Snow, Soho

Ben Evans ben at bpfh.net
Thu Jun 29 16:21:06 BST 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 04:11:20PM +0100, andrew Black wrote:

> > Not true.  Those who follow the true path and are vilified as heretics
> > follow a nice clear rule.  We meet on the first Thursday of every month.
>
> ok - so it does mean my assertion is wrong. The interval between
> non-tech meets can be 21 28 or 35 days.  21 can only occur if 1 Feb is
> on a Thurs (someone will point out if this is wrong)

No. If the 1st of Feb is a Thursday (in a non-leap year) then the 1st of March is
also a Thursday and so the March social is on the 8th of March, 28 days
after the February one.

If we're including heretical meets, then clearly the interval between meets
is either 7, 21, 28 or 35 days.

So your attempt to correct your assertion is wrong either way.

Ben