Why schemas and not code?

Jurgen Pletinckx jurgen.pletinckx at algonomics.com
Fri Jun 30 10:18:40 BST 2006

Ahem.

Following up on the emotions generated by this subject - <

An, ah, friend of mine knows his database-fu is weak. Sure,
he can normalize a bit, and he can stuff tables and drop
them again, but he feels a gnawing hollowness whenever
things like 'triggers' are mentioned. Also, he has no idea
exactly how to use a schema. Databases just work, right?

So, if I wanted to educate this friend of mine, what books
should I get myself? That is, I mean, him?

Discussions of the latest Date book over the last week do not
exactly fill me with enthousiasm. Where to start, then?

--
Jurgen Pletinckx
AlgoNomics NV