Why schemas and not code?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Jun 30 17:36:01 BST 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 05:05:24PM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 30 Jun 2006, at 16:10, David Cantrell wrote:
> >Never mind that you might want to search for rock songs played in a
> >bluegrass style but not the other way round.
> I think I'd do just fine without genre tags at all. I'd prefer a
> proper hierarchical ordering, not just Artist -> Album -> Track,

Like what iTunes does?

That's fine if you want to quickly find a given artist or album or
track.  It sucks if you decide "I'm in the mood for Swing today".

> Artist. "Radio 4"? "Humphrey Lyttleton et al."? It's what the iPod
> shows you, because apparently the album isn't interesting enough
> information.

Then your iPod is broken.  Mine shows artist, album and track.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson