fastcgi vs mod_perl

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Jul 19 17:26:05 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 10:40 -0500, Andy Lester wrote:
> On Jul 19, 2006, at 10:19 AM, Dirk Koopman wrote:
>
> > Has anyone done any benchmarking of fastcgi vs mod_perl at all?
>
> Do you think there's any possibility that people have NOT?
>
> I suggest going to Google and typing in "mod_perl fastcgi benchmark".

Strangely, I thought that Google might be a good place to look as well.

So I did (something close to) that and found just one, rather old,
non-partisan (ie not on FastCGI or lighttpd's list archive) reasonable
test (which comes down toward FastCGI, or in fact, anything except
java).

However the date of that benchmark

http://www.dmst.aueb.gr/dds/pubs/conf/2002-SANE-DynCont/html/dyncont.html

is 2002 and apache has moved on quite a bit and I was wondering if there
was anything newer.

But thank you all for your other, more useful, comments.

Dirk