Image/Graphics::Magick Perl bindings don't have EXIF

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Tue Aug 1 12:17:41 BST 2006

Just discovered today that the Perl bindings for Image/Graphics::Magick reject
attempts to get EXIF attributes as invalid - the code in Magick.xs simply
doesn't even attempt to recognise them. (It's also implemented in a rather,
erm, funky manner. How long ago was this stuff written?)

What's the maintenance on these two projects like now-a-days?

Should we look about for a new general-purpose image-handling library that has
decent Perl bindings?

I'll try and get a patch out for I/G::Magick when I get back from holiday
though.

Toby

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world