Inverse Binary Rock-Suck Entanglement (the "no good Perl jobs"/"text editors" myth)

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Tue Aug 8 14:02:35 BST 2006

Sue Spence wrote:
> Likewise for all A vs B arguments. I agree that a good, sound rant can
> be entertaining, but I don't really care to work with religious types
> of any description. Even if their religion accords with my personal
> views on the topic.

It is good however to see if people have an option on something. It is
quite worrying when you get a blank look, it probably means that you
have a 9 to 5er or that they know a lot less than they think. Being a
programmer is much much more than just writing code. It tends to be a
way of thinking, talking even. I have used the word 'blank' for 'empty'
far too often and yesterday I 'initialised' a barometer.

You also don't want is someone who is obsessive / evangelical about
something like editors.

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 722222
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com