Inverse Binary Rock-Suck Entanglement (the "no good Perl jobs"/"text editors" myth)

dams dams at gentoo.org
Wed Aug 9 10:36:07 BST 2006

Le Wed, 09 Aug 2006 10:12:58 +0100,
Denny de la Haye <denny at onlinegalleries.com> a écrit :

> On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 10:59 +0200, dams wrote:
> > Le Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:22:26 +0100,
> > Denny de la Haye <denny at onlinegalleries.com> a écrit :
> > > I'm still waiting for someone to make an ergonomic layout,
> > > cordless, black, USB keyboard with decent key feel (i.e. CLACK,
> > > not squidge).
> >
> > keytronic or cherry keyboards
> >
> > http://www.keyboardgalaxy.com/showroom/53.cfm
> >
> > http://www.nationalbarcode.com/Cherry/Cherry-G81-3000-Keyboard.htm
> >
> > Or you can wait for the optimus keyboard :
> > http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/
>
> None of those are ergonomic layout, which is the most important thing.
> Ergonomic layout is this shape:
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00001RMDH/103-2570426-7355058

I see. Then, the Kinesis keyboard might be interesting :

http://www.fentek-ind.com/ergo.htm

> By the way, you appear to be sending a direct copy of each reply you
> send to the list as well as the list copy, which means that whoever
> you're replying to gets spammed with an extra copy of your reply.
> Personally I'd prefer it if you didn't.

Hm that's true, but I thought that was the "good thing to do". When
answering to a mailing list or a newsgroup, always Cc the sender : the
sender might not be subscribed to the list.

That is the default of gnus in emacs (when replying with F), and that's
how I configured my current MUA also. I make the assomption that the
MUA of the person I'm replying to, will detect and merge the 2
messages.

Maybe I'm wrong and nobody does that here. I'd be interested by a
research on the official behaviour to have :)