Music To Code To (was "Most In Need of Positivity" Award)

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Sun Aug 13 14:47:15 BST 2006

On 8/13/06, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> Likewise with rsnapshot.  While I *can* expect the users to be at least
> somewhat Unix-savvy, I still don't think it's reasonable to expect them
> to configure CPAN.pm and install modules.

I'm unix-savvy and I certainly would appreciate anyone saving me from
****ing around with CPAN. Not that I particularly dislike CPAN (it's
consumed hours of my life I'll never get back but at the same time
it's probably saved many more) it's just that *anything* that's a
conceivable point of failure that might use up time should be avoided
IMO.

Incidently, is it just me or ... recently the first URL in my CPAN
urllist stopped working. I assumed CPAN would just use the second one
but instead it just seemed to spew zillions of errors as it tried its
various protocols and utilities, and then failed. I deleted the bad
URL and it worked. Wha..?

Paul, who wouldn't even blink at a 19MB download