Cumbria.pm anyone?

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Mon Sep 11 23:38:29 BST 2006

On 9/11/06, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
> I also don't see the point in various spreads. It's all hydrogenated
> vegetable oil dyed yellow, so it's saturated fat anyway. Just because
> they put two drops of olive oil into a 2kg tub doesn't magically make
> it healthy. (I exaggerate slightly, but go and look at the
> percentages in the ingredients list of the various "healthy" spreads
> and draw your own conclusions.)

The far more alarming issue is of transfats which AT LAST are getting
media attention (hello, this was documented in depth last century),
and even legislative action is starting to grind into action.

I totally agree - butter is the way to go assuming you don't have
dairy issues. if you're going to kill yourself make it tasty at least.