Non Sucking YAML parser

Robin Berjon robin.berjon at expway.fr
Wed Sep 13 12:49:46 BST 2006

On Sep 13, 2006, at 12:28, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> I suspect he has the same problems with xml as many of us:
>
> * the signal to noise ratio of xml is way too low.

If that's a problem for you, you're better off shipping C structs
around than even using YAML or JSON. One of the advantages of XML is
that you could swap in a binary XML format, and (assuming the means
for detection, in the same way that libxml2 will automatically read
from a gzip'd document) it'll just work.

> * the perl xml toolsets tend to be very large and not that quick.

Really? It always felt to me like they were much smaller than a lot
of other packages, e.g. templating toolsets.

> * the perl xml toolsets are not completely reliable.

Nothing is. In general, I've found the major ones to fare quite well.

> * and then there are the interfaces....

You have quite a few options there...

--
Robin Berjon