What a shame...

the hatter london.pm at bang.meep.org
Thu Sep 28 18:11:37 BST 2006

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Jonathan Peterson wrote:

> > http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/0,,1883159,00.html
> >

> "...agreed the non-exclusive deal..."
>
> So it's basically meaningless, and is a bit of random PR.

That was my reckoning - anything MS can do to be able to say "the BBC
website runs MS products" is something worth doing for them.  I've been in
a similar place no less than 3 times, when they wanted to say "europe's
largest hosting provider runs MS products"  Not insignificant (6 figures)
money was involved from MSs part to help us make it so, even though the
only thing that came out of it each time was a press release and a few
geeks sniggering when they saw the products involved.

the hatter