Gentlemen, a call to arms!

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Mon Oct 16 16:07:10 BST 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 02:45:24PM +0100, Dave Cross said:
> But Python can't possibly be hard to read. It has all that enforced
> whitespace.
>
> Or have Python programmers been lying to us all along?

For some reason this thread has reminded me of something MJD said:

"Another thing to notice is the little slam against Perl. How did Perl
get involved in this? Da Silva was discussing Awk, not Perl. But the
comp.lang.lisp folks can't stop talking about Perl. They are constantly
talking about Perl. I looked into comp.lang.python to see if it was
similar, and I found out that people in comp.lang.python hardly ever
discuss Perl. I think that shows that comp.lang.lisp is sick and
comp.lang.python is healthy: the Lisp folks are interested in Perl, and
the Python folks are interested in Python."

   http://perl.plover.com/yak/12views/samples/notes.html#sl-39