tum ti tum

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Tue Oct 17 10:00:54 BST 2006

Quoting Jonathan Stowe <jns at gellyfish.com>:

> Fr*work advocacy is so last century.
>
> What I really want to know is whether there are people on the list who
> have never bought a vinyl record or pre-recorded cassette.  For bonus
> points I'd be interested to know how many people bought into the
> abortive eight track cartridge thing ...

This won't surprise you but...

I have about a thousand vinyl records stored in various cupboards at
home. I should really get rid of them - as I haven't played one in
about five years. And I seem to have re-acquired most of them on CD.

About three years ago I threw out about four hundred cassettes[1]. At
least half of them were prerecorded.

My parents once had a stereo that played eight tracks. We only every
owned about half a dozen cartridges between us. The only one I can
remember owning is the soundtrack to "Slade in Flame"[2].

Dave...

[1] http://blog.dave.org.uk/archives/000212.html
[2] http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slade-Flame/dp/B0000073V7/

--