Databasen - Revisited

Spiros Denaxas spiros at lokku.com
Thu Oct 19 11:05:10 BST 2006

On 10/19/06, Daniel Barlow <dan at telent.net> wrote:

> Nigel Rantor wrote:
> > Other ones include "what question do you really not want me to ask
> > you?", "what is the worst thing about $database" where $database is
> > their preferred one.
>
> This reminds me of the "standard" question "what do you consider your
> grestest weakness/worst character trait?".  To which I have always
> wanted to reply "I tend to give glib answers when faced with questions
> like that one"

-dan

I think that's considered one of the worst questions one can ask on an
interview and denotes that the person making the interview is completely
clueless. I honestly never understood the exact value of such questions or
what exactly they try to get out of you by asking it since 99% of the people
will give the same textbook answer. Most of the people criticize it heavily,
and they are right to do so in my opinion.

Spiros