Syntax highlighting in Perl

Piers Cawley pdcawley at bofh.org.uk
Thu Oct 19 16:40:45 BST 2006

Andy Wardley <abw at wardley.org> writes:

> Jonathan Rockway wrote:
>> What are the advantages of TextMate over emacs?  I've seen screencasts
>> that use it and it seems like TextMate is mostly a fancy shell around
>> emacs' abbrev-mode (with skeletons).
>
> This is a nice summary:
>
> http://blog.nicksieger.com/articles/2006/10/13/emacs-to-textmate-part-1

I confess I'm still hung up on not being able to split a window
pane. And It's indenting (at least in ruby mode) has a tendency to
drive me up the bloody wall (it's been a while since I tried it, so I
can't remember specifics, I just remember being very, very annoyed by
it).

But I paid for it; it's good work. I just can't get on with it.

--
Piers Cawley <pdcawley at bofh.org.uk>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/