Databasen - Revisited

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 11:04:14 BST 2006

On 20 Oct 2006, at 08:12, Michel Rodriguez wrote:

> Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
>
>> Sybase is still the database for Real Men(tm) though.
>
> Sorry for asking a serious question here: it looks like Sybase is
> widely popular in the banking and financial industries. Is there
> any specific technical reason, or is it just "historical reasons".

Historical. It was the only decent database that wasn't Oracle.

It also hasn't changed much in 15 years. They've added stuff to it
like replication, but I can still navigate it (with the aid of my
ancient, well thumbed SAMS book).

--
Dave Hodgkinson - Music photography
http://www.davehodgkinson.com/