London housing recommendations

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 19:22:51 BST 2006

Hi all,

Since my company is relocating the Nottingham offices just west of
London, I have to consider moving there.  This is apparently near where
I'll be working (about 15 miles west of the center of London, depending
upon how you want to count it):

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=ub11+1ba&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=17&ll=51.50913,-0.437211&spn=0.002945,0.010225&t=k&iwloc=A

http://tinyurl.com/y8awfu

(The last four letters of that tinyurl are spot on)

I'm seeing some reasonable housing prices around there, but for all I
know, it could be in one of the most hellish slums of London.  That
worries me.

I think I'd prefer to live in London proper, despite the commute times.
 Can anyone recommend decent areas to live or suggest what reasonable
housing prices are there?

Heck, if you can just recommend a good housing agent, that would be
great, too.

Cheers,
Ovid

--