testing web frameworks against different apache/mod_perl versions

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Fri Oct 27 20:18:23 BST 2006

On 10/27/06, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if there was any free service out there that would
> allow me to test Maypole, and other web application stuff against
> different versions of mod_perl, apache, etc.

Catalyst, lighttpd proxying to FastCGI.

HTH!

Alternatively if you write an article about it it ought to pay for the
outlay on VMs or whatever, either selling the article to perl.com or
running AdSense.

I didn't quite understand why you thought you'd need more than one VM,
with Bytemark at least it's pretty straightforward to reset your VM to
its blank state. You can even try variations on OSs and kernels. You
could have one machine that was your test master that run automated
tests on the slave VM, rinsed (performed VM resets), and repeated.