Snap quiz: desk stuff

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Thu Nov 23 11:14:06 GMT 2006

Dave Cross wrote:
> Quoting Peter Hickman <peter.hickman at semantico.com>:
>
>> When I worked at Del Monte in Feltham (and then Staines) I used to go
>> to lunch at the earliest opportunity and wait there, whilst having a
>> few pints, until the head of department turned up. Pints were exchanged
>> and I would finally return to work two and a half hours later in the
>> company of the head of department completely pissed and fall asleep at
>> my desk. Got away with it for 3 years :)
>
> When did pubs start opening all afternoon? I definitely remember being
> thrown out of pubs at 2:30 or 3:00 and being forced to go back to work.
>
> But I also remember a company where my team leader would occasionally
> insist that we all stayed in the pub all afternoon - well, until we
> all got written warnings for it.
>
> Dave...

Can't remember, it's all kinda blurry. I used to get mentioned in other
peoples reviews if they spend too much time with me - I was seen by the
middle management as a 'bad influence' on the rest of the developers.
Yeh, like the 15st rugby players needed me to teach them how to drink.

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 722222
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com