[OT] Should exist / does exist?

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Thu Dec 7 10:32:51 GMT 2006

On 7 Dec 2006, at 10:12, Matt Lawrence wrote:
> Couldn't you write methods in your iterator class called next,
> last, redo or whatever to signal the outer loop via die and eval {}?
>
> You wouldn't get the nice natural Perl syntax, but you would have
> the freedom to implement any kind of loop control you wanted, even
> ones that Perl doesn't support.

Yup, that's my new plan.

OnlyTangentiallyRelated: Do you think PHP rots your brain? I was
playing with that last night as a reward for four days of solid,
fourteen hour PHP work for a 'friend' and all the crystal clear ideas
I thought I had seemed to have turned to poop. I'm convinced there's
a mental health risk there... I'm also finding it increasingly hard
to consider any language that lacks closures civilised.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net